CineCycle Coachhouse, 129 Spadina Avenue, Toronto, ON
Thurs. 8.00PM CineCycle – Regular $ 15 each :
[Discount with code]
ReelHeART Professional Series
Theme: Troubles and Triumphs of the Indie Filmmaker – Event Screening
Join us for this exciting and informative Event Screening in the ReelHeART Professional Series.
A panel of two busy production teams from Canada and the United Kingdom who are making waves with their Low Budget/Micro Budget Filmmaking that’s turned the Indie Filmmaking World on it’s head will share their journeys on how to network, promote, market and get your film made.
Moderated by Montpellier / Bordeaux, France cinematographer/director Zefred (yes. One name like Madonna) who now calls Toronto his home.
- Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/zefred
- Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/zefred/
- Linkedin : zefred
- IMDB : http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1496012/
- Meetup : https://www.meetup.com/torontofilmindustry/
We’ll also examine some Notable low-budget films and discuss why they made money and how you can replicate some of their successes.
Learn the troubles, triumphs and industry secrets on how to get your film made in Canada and the United Kingdom.
We follow up this exciting and accessible panel with a Canadian premiere that focuses on the Indie Filmmaker in this fun romp of a mockumentary on the indie filmmaking process. The highs, the lows and the people always trying to screw you and your project.
- Q&A with Filmmaker Chris Grega to follow and Nighttime Networking Session with Food and Drinks!
- Bring your business cards, film reel, headshots and get ready to Network!
35 Days: A Post-Production Odyssey – Film – Narrative 88:14 – Canada Premiere
*In Attendance! Dir. Chris Grega, United States
With Special Guests Brock Roberts (Actor) and John Bratkowski (Actor)
*Nominated for Best Documentary (Mockumentary), Best Actor (Travis Estes as “Eric Cutter”), Best Editing
Synopsis: A failed Indie film director has a deadline of 35 days to complete the film that he abandoned ten years ago, in order to screen it at a local indie film festival, in the hopes of winning a major Audience Award prize.
- Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVHdyb9-c3M
- Website: http://www.88mmfilms.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/cmgrega
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/88mmProductions/
Keywords: #IndieFilm #IndieFilmmaking #FestivalCircuit #Mockumentary #FilmmakingNightmares #DIYFilmmaking #GettingScrewedByDistributors