Friday Live Reads – Tickets $ 12 each :
ReelHeART 2015 Screenplay Competition: Live Script Read
“The Alien’s Puppets” –*World Premiere*
- Time: 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- Location: Room WO30
Woodsworth College Residence
321 Bloor Street West (South East Corner from St. George Subway)
Toronto, Ontario M5S 1S5 MAP
- Feature Screenplay Top 3 Winner
“The Alien’s Puppets“, written by Rubens Marinelli Neto and Matheus Hruschka
São Paulo, Brazil
RUBENS MARINELLI: With degrees from FAAP (SP), NYFA (NY) e NYU (NY), Rubens began his career as a copywriter for important ad agencies in São Paulo. In 2012, he wrote and directed his first short-film, The Couch, inserting himself in the Brazilian independent film market. In 2015, he took on the role as creative director of Projects for Pink Flamingo Films, where he also presently works on the development of TV series and films.
MATHEUS HRUSCHKA worked for 6 years as an editor before effectively migrating to screenwriter. He studied at NYFA (LA) and then joined the Project sector of Pink Flamingo Films when he returned to São Paulo. He presently works on the development of TV series and films for Pink Flamingo Films.
Inspiration For Screenplay:
Rock n’ Roll is obviously and inspiration for this story. However, I believe the hardship of aging is a theme that haunts us; the dubious dream of perpetual adolescence and the idea that someone is always younger than you are. Life is far from logical, unexpected events occur, plans change and our adolescent dreams are eventually left behind.
The Alien’s Puppets is a rock n’ roll comedy. The film follows Jerry Tycoon, an old-aged junkie, who tracks down his old friends and persuades them to get together their heavy metal band – The Alien’s Puppets – as a last wish before the cancer takes his life. The group embarks on this musical adventure as teenagers, but the dream may end when they discover the real reason for Jerry reunites the band: The Spirit of God Festival.
Our Screenplay Competition Sponsors
- FINAL DRAFT – Final Draft is a screenwriting software for writing and formatting a screenplay to meet the screenplay submission standards set by theater, television and film industries. The program is developed and owned by Final Draft, Inc., headquartered in Calabasas, California;
- INKTIP – The mission of InkTip.com is threefold:
- Help the producer easily find a good script
- Save time for the agent and manager in locating the right people for their clients’ scripts, or new clients
- Greatly increase exposure for the screenwriter